Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Show Goes On



I've taken the day off today, for being sick.  I am sick.  My attempts of having to show initiative at work, had caused me great tummy upsets.  All last night, I totally dreaded going to work today.  I woke up sick.  Then this morning, calling in sick, made me feel even more sick.  I think sickness is an adaptation of some kind.  Maybe its a way of avoiding, but it is sickness, nonetheless.

I have to admit I've had a lot of anger to deal with while writing about my bungled attempts at working.  Some of it wasn't so nice.  And it seems strange as I sit here, and I'm literally attacking people who have a hard time paying the rent.  It seems odd and out of place for me.  Am I angry at them for being poor?  No, I am angry at them for being poor and not learning a damn thing from it. I'm angry because they don't see, nor don't care as others get mistreated around them, I'm angry for they will bend over backwards to please the narc, as I shared in my story about a woman who was mean to me, and pushed me out into just doing the clothes rolling.  All this while I drive a better car than my bosses do.  And none of this makes sense.  Not to me, anyway.  I will still carry the ACON card written on my forehead, even with studded tires and a four-wheel drive.  Does that make any sense to you?  

They don't know anything else about me.  Not that I live in a lakehouse, or that I go grocery shopping on a day that is not our work payday.  But, it is my husband who carries the bills here.  You might as well say that I am subservient to him.  And we have had our problems, and oftentimes I am very painfully aware of what a life without him would bring me.  I feel badly about being offensive on here, as I must take this journey, I just have to.  Everything in my body screams for it.  And if there is something in my heart that is evil I do want that revealed to me.  That would be very precious to me. So I will sift and I will search, and if something is out of place, I will be sure to find it.

I remember my mother, and I remember my aunt telling me, that it was just mother's way, and I had to be tolerant of it.  I tried for a time, but I avoided mother totally, some time after 2005, I don't remember how long I'd been back in contact.  The whole family looked down on me, but they were also looking down on me when mother was putting me down.  It was like they were believing what mother to be saying of me.  The put downs were severe, and I was trained to not say anything about it.  It was my duty as a daughter.  But for everyone to laugh while mother did it?  It was only my husband who said mother was abusive, that a light came on, and I started to see more clearly.

But I also wanted to talk about a young woman at work who is seen in the same light as I am.  She is not given more tasks at work, she is given the same job as me.  Running through the store, rolling out clothes.  She is a little odd.  I can see it.  Maybe even more as a misfit than me, she could not get the hang of using a swiftattach, when we were called to duty when there was no one else.  But she is a very nice person, even going above and beyond the call of duty to reach out to me, when I was feeling badly.  And she goes around trying to be appeasing to everyone else, while I just hate them.  

But its interesting, when she needs help with something, she turns to me, and once I discovered I was I was in shit for helping, I told her that.  Others could help her, it was ok, but I did not have the power.  But others wouldn't help her, they just watch as she fails over and over again.  I am powerless to help.  She is part of the reason I'm so sick today.  As we work together, I am hardpressed and I can't take it.  

So I'm going to be giving my notice to quit my job soon.  It was a painful realization I had last night. When I came on to write today, Q1605 reminded me of the fact that there is a difference between acon men and acon women.  If I was a man earning the bacon, then I would have to suck up all this crap.  No kidding.  I would be lost trying to earn my way in the world, and I was lost trying to earn my way in the world.  And I am deeply in awe of any ACON who does somehow manage the bad treatment, and the crappy work.  Sorry, Q for taking liberties, but I appreciate your authenticity on the matter.  This was what I was trying to prove on the matter, and I failed miserably.   We are ACON's and the simple matter of earning a living is hard for us.  And there won't be any momsy or dadsy to comfort us in any way, shape or form.  And actually if you were to tell them they would only have a nice source of supply.  

I'll be giving my notice once I get in touch with my voc rehab worker, as I won't make this big of a decision without her.  It sucks how she told me what to do, and I cannot.  Its like I know it won't make any difference any way to these people here.  But she says it doesn't matter, then what's the point?  I have another idea I will share with her after New Year's.  She won't be back until then.

I'm going to try finding the type of work an ACON can do.  The type of environment we need to be in.  Unfortunately, in this day and age we can't go job hopping, it is not seen well, and I'm going to try to make a transition of some kind, I don't know how, but I will talk to her and find out.  

The world seems to see us as "low functioning".  But it isn't that.  Its more about second guessing ourselves all the time, and learned helplessness.  And that takes a lot of our time.  Unfortunately, its something we have to live with.  And somehow make our ways in the world.  We had to serve at the royal hands of narcissists.  If you were me, you were born with a giant parasite over you, who was sucking the very life out of you. There is just no way to get over that, at least that is what I discovered.  

So, I will tell my worker, I just can't do it.  There are some things about my disability that makes it a disability.  And this is one.  I cannot show initiative on the job.  And I don't care about trying anymore.

11 comments:

  1. I haven't officially checked it, but I think I am running a fever. So we are in the same boat. Take time off and get better. Whats that saying? a stitch in time saves nine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'm running a fever. I can be very sick without a fever, which makes no sense for mother hated me being sick. Hope your feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't worked in 20 years. So don't feel bad. Most jobs I was dying in side, especially the social ones, always having to watch my back. Teaching was better, students it's different you hold authority and run the classroom though subbing was far harder. It is better you quit, tell her to get a job where you will not be watched and observed and open to criticisms and being shoved about second by second. I would have failed in that job years ago too even the prime of youth. The last thing any ACON needs is the competitive rip each other to shreds garbage. A lot of people know have been indoctrinated to kiss narc butt without hesitation and throw the good people under the bus it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen so much in the little time I was there, this is almost worse than any big industry I've ever worked in. Somehow in big industry it was a little easier, the trick was, to show how smart you were, and you would be respected more. Here, at this place, smart means diddly squat if you might have expected.

    But big industry posed other hazards to the ACON, namely, they all had big loving families, knew how to deal with money, how to buy, what to buy, and there it was like I was lonely. There the expectations were higher, you had to be trusted, for the work that you did. And I always got canned somehow. I don't think this job will fire me, not as long as the endless racks of clothes need to be done. No one wants that job, day in and day out, they give it to misfits.

    I'm not sure what would be best for me. I know to work alone would be best, but I also like the idea of dressing up everyday, doing my hair, my nails. I don't like to live totally in masculine energy, I hate it. I don't like being a sweat engine. But first, I think I need a bit of a break first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are wise to take a break. It seems you are wanting practice at interacting with people - but all ACONS have had tons of practice interacting with oppressive jerks. We need practice at interacting with kind people who mean us no harm and who aren't trying to stomp on us. It's so awful that you couldn't help the one nice person who was struggling. I hope your voc worker understands that you could benefit from a different place and that that was wasn't the right place for you to work on standing up for yourself. Baby steps are best, a la Peeps recipe. I have to say that what you are attempting to do is something so hard and it has nothing to do with work, it has to do with trying to learn to feel safe, something our little brains were trained exactly not to do all our developing lives. Cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeppers. It is a terrible price we had to pay for our crazy parents. I like the idea of standing up for myself. To have that confidence that other people have. Maybe it can be accomplished, maybe it can't. I know at this place it sure won't be. I have an awful woman to work closely with, she is back today from holidays, she is only an employee, but it seems like she is in charge. My husband wanted me to give my notice right now, but I don't want to do anything going I have with voc rehab. But one more day and I'm off for 3 days. Didn't know New year's could make me so happy. Thanks so much anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's guilt over traditional roles. I wasn't wanting to boss you around. There was an acon forum I had in mind that were not very flattering to their husbands and I know a lot of women that shewwed the men folk to work and sit around and do nothing. But take it from me I think narc parents are just as hard on their boys as they are on the girls. I haven't come close to telling about all the crap my mother put in my head. And until I got too sick to work I just went out and hit it hard all day. On mostly crappy construction jobs that my mother wouldn't have worked at thrice the amount of money I made. Hell my mother was a glorified prostitute. She was worse than that but I can see the direct causal link between how I was raised and my willingness to take shit jobs. I don't think I felt entitled to have a good job. Something she put in my head didn't allow me to thrive at anything less that hot dirty work. For some one as useless as her she sure could drain the life out of the people around her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When hubby and I first got together he wanted me to have a job. He actually forced his ex to get a job, she was at home smoking pot all day. Now, he told me that he will write my written notice to the company for me, and I'm actually having a hard time with him over it. He wants it done now, has no interest of me even talking about getting another job. So I don't really know how that all came about.

    Narc parents are hard, period. I remember my brothers didn't have it easy either, and mother used to placate my oldest brother and make him fight with father. I remember my brother taking my father by his collar and by the seat of his pants. To fight back. Mother used to instigate those fights. I used to have to listen to my mother have sex with strange man, one man was married, and he used to come over on a regular basis.

    So anyway, even though we know they were wrong and terrible as hell, somehow what they told us about us sticks. I never thought that it would happen to me even after mother was dead. That woman's evil tactics are living on, I am proof of it. I would have probably just kept doing this job, but its so physical, and I'm having a hard time walking for hours after. I got the worst of the worst job there. And I don't know how that happened.

    I would actually like to stop believing in the narcissist's lies. It it idolatry really, and I'm supposed to be what God wanted me to be. I'm also supposed to have heaven burning in my heart, and somedays it doesn't feel like it. What do we do? Stop thinking? I've tried to. It is the emotional aspect which is our true selves, I'm working on that constantly. Daily. It will be something I'll be doing until the end, and I have no choice. Thank you mother, you pile of dust in a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wondering if sitting around doing nothing is a bad thing. Mostly, women can do that, and it might confuse a man. Men don't just sit around, its one mission after another with them, and I kinda have to break away from him. Or he just sits and vacates his entire mind! Imagine that. No woman can do that, I'm not talking of the narc variety, I mean regular humans. Its strange. Is it that a man thinks that I have to be like him when I have none of his biology? I'm just asking, I'm curious. Do men think that I have to be doing something? I'm not trying to make you uneasy here, I'm very curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know we don't feel comfortable not working. It's not that we really think you should work but that we feel it's not an option for us. It isn't an option for us. We are very much defined by our job while women get the option of taking it or leaving it. Next time you meet new people tell them your husband stays home taking care of the kids or grand kids The first image they will conjure up is him testing a bottle on his wrist and watching Peppa pig. Then watch how many people that you tell that to go no really what do you DO for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha no kidding. But I love it when he talks about his work to me, I find it interesting. When he vents or whatever, I'm never closed off. Like lately, I am, I'm pooped. Its strange how working is supposed to mean I have more things in common with him, more compatible, and will have all kinds of things to talk to eachother about. But its not working out that way at all.

    I know society doesn't give men any other choice. I'm doing this job so I can be of higher value to him. To be with him out of choice, not out of need, is very important to me. In case we were to end it, for whatever reason, I know I can be alone and be ok. Then its a matter of choice to be with him. So yeah for me its simply that. I'm not choosing to look good for the rest of society to accept me. I'm more concerned about what choices I have as an ACON. So I guess your right.

    ReplyDelete