Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Finding Answers



So now I am working full time.  This job is with vocational rehab, as I am still with them.  They are monitoring me and my position, but I did get the job on my own merits, so this is very interesting stuff to share.

It is a minimum wage job.  I've been wanting to write more, but my capacity to do so was not there.  I'm dealing with life in a more constructive way, and sometimes that means I have to learn to live with my inabilities.

Its hard for me.  I've struggled with this thing my whole life.  I've never been able to hold onto any type of job, and the learning curve for this job is extremely high.  This is a production job, with time constraints all day long, lots of quotas to meet, pressure and high stress.  My first month there, I witnessed women crying over bullying, another newbie that started the same time as me, well, she was taken to the hospital, she thought she had a heart attack, but it turns out, she just pulled a lot of muscles, and another, and this one is hard to take, well, a girl, has constant seizures, two seizures in one month, and the others think it is the job that is causing that.

So now I guess you can understand why I say this job is terrible, stressful, and overall I get the feeling it is ruled by fear and intimidation, but my voc rehab worker thinks this is just perfect for me. I say that with no tongue in cheek humor, my worker has high regards from everyone in her field. She is a leader in the work that she does, and I've learned to trust her.  Well, sort of, but as best as I can do, I see what she is trying to do.

I remember a therapist I once had, had me do exposure therapy.  This is along the same lines, and I can go see her everyday if I want to, to talk about the job, and work through this.

I'm scared of losing the job.  I told my worker this.  "Why?"  She asked.  Well, I don't think it is working out.  They will get rid of me, like others have done before.  You know, I might have to write this in smaller increments.  This is terrible and I waited too darn long to write it all out and my brain is very foggy of putting it all together.  I might write some shorter writings for awhile, so I can piece back together all that has gone on this whole time.

So when I told my worker I was afraid of losing the job, and that I might not be good at this, she told me, that now we can start to work on the problems, the problems I had working my whole life, it will be painful, but there is no other way, really.

Already, there is starting to unlock some of the illogical thoughts that were plaguing me.  I was treated badly by a supervisor, and my worker said that it was the supervisor's issue, that was going on, it wasn't me.  How to detach me, from what that supervisor did, and how I can see now it was their issue and not mine.

In reality, am I afraid of losing this job?  Am I really?  Well, it is a paying position, with benefits. That's the powerful part.  But I don't need the money, I don't need the benefits, I need to relieve myself of pain and that is all really.

Soon, someday, as I go to my grave, a grave that will not be able to keep me, and I will go on, not even remembering the things that gone on in this life.  Early in my childhood, pain I have suffered, and how I got to the close of that life, and I will not remember, but this blog will carry on the memory of what went on before.  And someone else out there has got to see how this stuff happened to me, how I can recover, and maybe someone else can take this and grow from it too.  Maybe they have been hurt the same way I was, and they are wondering what to do.  I want to grow from this.  I see how confused I was, and the scary stuff my voc rehab worker has me do now, will be amazing.


10 comments:

  1. WE wee about to send out a search party. Glad you checked in. Don't et it happen Again Capeech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha look out I said we we and forgot the in Let

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for got the L in Let

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sorry. If I go too long without writing, I get scared, its weird. Then the time continues to go, and I'm not writing at all. But this time though, Blogger locked me out. I had to find all the key words to get back in. I was determined to do so, but at one time this would have been more difficult for me. I have to find pieces of peaceful patches and not any difficulties, but life is not that way.

    Then too, this job leaves me just laying on the couch after the workday is over. Writing in smaller increments will be the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your job! And even more congratulations on sticking with it. Your worker sounds like the kind of person everyone needs - someone to help you every day to sort out all the weird stuff that happens all day and to figure out how to survive and proceed. Your journey inspires me already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks anonymous. Somehow, I managed to get the best worker. I will stick with it and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are okay, I got worried and thought something had happened to you. I hope the job eases up and glad you got working award. Maybe it will be something that will get easier as you get used to it. I worked in factories before, as a temp including plastic factories, where you sit by a machine and take molding plastic out. I didn't mind those jobs, because I didn't have to talk to anyone though it could get boring. At one more enlightened place we were allowed to listen to walk-mans and I would listen to books on tape. LOL yeah this was 20 something years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I'm fine. I don't think it is my point to get used to this. I am discovering one of the things I am struggling with is the ability to speak out when the need be. One guess how that happened. Unfortunately, it leaves me with being misunderstood a lot, and a lot of the time I'm just going along with the ride, unable to fix things. But left feeling totally helpless, and devastated, no one understands me. I'm afraid this happens in the ACON blogosphere as well. But I am hoping you will understand that I am not trying to get along, or hoping things will work out here at this job, and all I needed all my life was a crappy job to fulfill me. That was never the case at all. What I am experiencing here in this job, is what I have had to cope with at other jobs as well, even the high paying ones, which I never understood. I have my voc rehab worker to help me. And bad things have happened here, where my worker said it was the other guys fault. So how to work through that. I'll be writing some more on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I told you my blogger pass word you wouldn't believe me. Suffice it to say I never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once Q you told me that one of the problems you had on the job, was showing initiative, and asking for what you wanted, you just didn't know how. I have that problem too. I am doing that now, well sort of, I'm not very good at it. My worker is breaking it down for me. All along, I am trying to work, and there are predatory people all around me, and I am in emotional pain, and I don't know if I can continue. I want another job, but my worker is telling me to tell my supervisors I would like to try different things, and learn more. I did and it did not go well, but I have to find time tomorrow evening to write. I'm also struggling to keep us fed, and I'm hoping the meatloaf will make two meals, I'm tired.

    Also, we went out for dinner last week, we were both tired and hungry, and the waitress completely destroyed any comfort with that, she was so incompetent, and had to even ask me if I needed parmesan on my chicken parmesan, and even asked me if I needed a knife to eat it with, I was so frustrated, I don't know how to feel, I don't know if I was angry at the waitress, or angry at myself for not bitchin her out. I wanted to tell her that I needed her to do this right, cause I was feeling hurt, and so it wasn't just about an incompetent waitress, it was about how it made me feel. Like I can eat a big piece of chicken without a knife, or something, but you know, just made me feel bad, like I wasn't worth the effort for her to even bother with.

    ReplyDelete