Translate

Monday, February 15, 2016

Mother Rampaged her Apartment



I think this is the worst cold I ever had.  I think it must be like cholera, or typhus or plague, I've been just down for the count.  DH has been sick too, he took the bereavement leave from work just to recover.  Bereavement leave for mother's death.  He said he wouldn't have, but he's so sick, we both are.

Yes, he's been home, off on "bereavement leave".  This means that mother is still making my life miserable.  lol Of course I'm just kidding.

I am taking cold medication, and I swear I am getting high from it.  This dopey feeling lasts for hours, I've been talking in circles about little things, but its either dopey or feel like sheeet.

On the bright side we did get a new water system installed, for we got scammed from the last company.  Would you believe we have been trying to get good water here for years and all we run into is scammers?  Unfortunately, it is kinda our fault really, we did not want to pay what was needing to be paid.  He tried to get it cheaper, and nothing worked.  We ended up with a pH of 0, almost poisonous, so we got a real water company in.  Water is good now, water feels good, I got to see what stainless steel sinks actually look like without being constantly covered in sludge.  Had to pay the real price though, but it was a learning lesson.

So back to mother.  I was asked what her place looked like.  Well, she decorated from yard sales, and had no taste for color schemes, couldn't decorate, but don't tell her that, not unless you want to get permanently emotionally scarred for life.

But she kept things clean and orderly.  Washed dishes after every meal.  Made the bed by pulling off all the covers right down to the bottom sheet, and put it all back together.  At the end she lived in an apartment.  She did her laundry at the laundromat for she hated to use the laundry room in her building, for she didn't like who would be there.  She never liked anyone really.

She owned too many towels, too many blankets, too much of everything.  You could almost feel sorry for her, you would think this was caused by a life of deprivation.  It very well could be.  She had no education, and no she would not even care which fork to use at dinner or for what course.

Her mannerisms were masculine.  She did not approve of frou frou, would make it wrong.  She made everything else that she wasn't wrong.  Not just wrong, she would hate you for it.  I was afraid to dress up around her.  I would have to be down and out to get her approval.  But then again, I would not get her approval, for she would have just said that it was cheap.  I remember buying 10 dollar curtains and she said they were too cheap.

Everything she did was right.  She scrubbed her floors down on her hands and knees and then put down very frayed mats.  She never seemed to notice the frays, just that they were clean frays.  She would not try to tuck them under, just leave them stick out.  Btw, don't let mother catch you using anything else but Lestoil to clean your floors.  Don't you dare!  But this was her least offensive quirk, the rest are just deadly.  Sunlight to do the dishes, Tide for the laundry, etc.

No, nothing fancy.  Pink jogging pants and blue shirt, she was off to the grocery store.  She actually left the price tags on her running shoes that she wore, just in case she wanted to bring them back. Actually, lots of her stuff had the price tags on them, just in case she wanted to bring them back and get her money back.

It came as a surprise that my aunt told me that mother tore her apartment up badly before she died. The police put up the ropes and stuff and ran a full investigation before letting anyone in.  The place was in shambles.  Everything was torn up, thrown, broken.  Apparently, there won't be any of mother's possessions for us to take for there is nothing left.

She died right next to the door to the balcony.  They figured she was heading that way, and it looks like she bumped her head.  They think she was dead for 3 days before they found her.

Here's what I think.  I think she was going through a narcissistic crisis.  This is where they are void of any supply for a long time, and well, they just go crazy.  I remember reading about that.  I heard that they can practically turn into a vampire.  I don't know if she was trying to get the other tenants to come over and see what was going on, to try to get some supply or whatever.  But no one came around and she just died.

I've been thinking of it a lot now lately, and it seems so strange.  What a way to go.  Nothing left, she tore her place apart.

I was her best supply.  And she was without me for years.  God did not design me to be mother's narc supply, but I still feel badly.

I can feel sorry for her.  Part of me feels wrong.  What if I'm the culprit, and I didn't do what I was told, and she died because of me.  And she did leave me in her will, I get half of mother's life insurance after the bills are paid.  So I started to feel really badly.

You see, I've been on this lifetime quest, trying to figure out why I'm so messed up and scared all the time.  I've felt I was blamed for it.  How did this happen to me?  And why?

So when I got the answers online, I was so relieved.  It gave me the answers.  Not "cured" of my problems, but now I know why.  And really that is all I wanted.  So when all goes wrong and I feel messed up again, at least I can see why.

Mother died that way threw me for a loop.  I was worried I was wrong.  Then I would be back at the drawing board.

If this is confusing please let me inform you of more in the comments section.  There are more specifics, I just can't think of them.

11 comments:

  1. I had wondered the same thing about your mom. If she ended up alone and regretted the way she lived her life and just went off. Your mom doesn't seem to be that narc rage kind. More of the martyr. My mother's mother was more martyr and I wonder if my mother lived the way she did in sort of defiance of that. My grandmother let my mom get married before she was 18 so she had to sign off on the marriage. I have wondered if she was trying to push her off on the first guy that was willing to marry her. Since every one is dead and gone no one will ever know. I had a vivid dream last night that my mother had committed suicide. In real life it was not even close. She got my ex to fill in for me and sis and never looked back. It was a very melancholy dream and brought up a lot of the unresolved conflicts with my father. In a way her depending on my ex could be viewed as a roundabout suicide. She needed to be closely monitored 24/7 and I would bet my ex just ran by with a minimum of groceries and let her die. She had to be forced to go to her doctors and my ex didn't care. Especially since she had so much to gain from her early demise. Well, she didn't want me butting in so I can't dwell on it too much. I can't bring back or fix my father and I can't bring back or fix my mother So I will just go to Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the part where you feel bad for her. I feel bad if I see a dog get run over and die, So human suffering really hits my empathy bone. Telling myself and others they got what they asked for doesn't cut it with me. I always try to put myself in the shoes of the other person. I would feel bad if I heard my ex wife who I despise had died alone and lonely. It's just the way I am. There are certain fates I don't wish on anybody. I wonder if it's because I came so close to death myself. I had more than one talk with god in the middle of the night being wheeled down a hospital corridor and jammed head first into an MRI machine. Death is just scary. I don't want to die alone and it's a sad statement if it happens to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I wondered allowed if it was relatives who trashed her place, but does sound more like she did it, she could have had stroke or some kind of temporal lobe seizure along with a stroke, did they tell you cause of death? It does sound weird she would rip her place apart and was so angry. Yeah your mother Q paid for selecting a narc ex with no conscience for her care and the "one to turn to" and leave everything to. Makes you wonder if they all have a self destruction button on them.

    We don't want to be them with no empathy. Mine freaks me out because she never shows pain, or fear, and well, that has been a bad effect on me. If she had shown even one teeny tiny iota of remorse or humanity, things would have been much different. I tried to find it in her and there was none and don't think I'll ever get over this in my lifetime. {the creepy stuff she wrote on my blog made it even worse} I feel sorry for someone like that too, because in her case maybe there was some emotions deep inside, the soul wasn't quite dead.

    I don't ever see mine shedding a tear or flinching or raging at the end. She'll go quiet into the dark night keeping a stoic look on her face just like her unfeeling mother where terminal cancer was like waiting for the bus. Does that sound weird? Like nothing will ever break her? I probably need to take that one to therapists she was so cold. To me your mother actually ripping the place apart showed some humanity. She still was too toxic for you to be around and it's good you got away from her. At least she didnt give you a final FU cutting you out of the will.

    I hope I go first before my husband, because I do fear dying alone and almost did earlier in my life.

    I hope you are doing okay Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far dedicating my life to being everything my mother wasn't, has worked out for me. I could have been an ass and come out with a bit more money but in the end it wouldn't buy me one second more of life.
    Yeah Joan I forgot to ask how you are doing? My mothers death at best took me by surprise and at worse brought up a lot of old stuff I thought I was done with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do feel bad for her, she did die alone. I don't think anyone should have to go like that. It was probably what she preferred though. I still remember mother dancing around the room with a man, like an actress and all us kids had to smile and laugh. She would grab the man and hold him down and look to us for the smiles. I remember once she looked at us, almost in a state of suspended animation, locked in glare, then turned her head to the side and laughed and laughed.

    I remember not smiling and laughing though. I was wondering what the heck was going on, why she did that, why? She would usually ignore me and look to the other kids. Then she would not pay attention to me for days and days. It was horrible. Still, I could never muster up the ability to find this show amusing. To me, it was disgusting. She was usually all dirty and drunk, so I pretended for this day to be over. To get to the next day. The man would be gone and she would be back to making dinner, doing the laundry, being normal. Not pleased with me, but whatever, to me that was normal.

    I don't know if she had any humanity in her. She had some useful pieces of furniture in her home, things at least my sister could have used. My sister was looking forward for some things, needing desperately some furniture. My sister lives on a disability. Mother had no compassion for that.

    I really do think mother did trash her place. The FOO do lie, but I don't think about this. Either way it does not matter to me.

    I'm doing very well. Sick from this cold though. Its kind of weird to know mother is dead. That she is just ashes. I actually see her as being very lively. Scary lively, and that is gone. She used to look at me with love in her eyes, and then would do anything to keep me around. I saw that "look of love" over and over again. In my ex's in people who would abuse me everywhere. This is something that is cold and cruel, can't see her as anything but an evil freak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe she did it knowing she'd be in everyones' heads forever while they wondered why.

    Funny parallel: The NGC is a total clean freak but he and his wife wear clothes from thrift shops and furnish their apartment with roadside "treasures". Years ago his wife inherited several hundred thousand from her father but when the poor woman wanted to buy a decent couch to sit on, before her brother came to visit, the NGC threatened to leave her.

    NGC once broke off a long standing friendship because his buddy brushed a few crumbs off the dining table onto the floor. How do I know? He bragged about ordering the guy outta the apartment.

    However, the smell of weed was so bad that when I used to visit I'd get high even though I never touched the stuff! I know Q, you want his address.

    I've seen people cross the street when the NGC is walking toward them because he looks like he just crawled out from under a cardboard box and reeks of weed!

    IMO We all need to stop trying to figure these freaks out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I gave up trying to figure them out long ago. I could never be prepared for mother, I remember my cat used to run whenever mother was around and one day he snuck up an peed on her, a totally houstrained cat. He thought she was the litter box I guess. lol

      Delete
    2. Oh, man!!! I love that story! Too bad my cats are so damn polite!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Joan! You just picked up another follower...the NGC, except he's so high, he thinks this is Q's blog!

    Don't worry, he doesn't have the balls to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I don't mind if he posts though, I really don't. Can't be any worse than what I have had to deal with in my life. I have to face my sister soon over the pictures that she has that I want, not looking forward to that. She will probably say mother dying was my fault. Good thing I have this cold, time to build up what I want to say to her, maybe nothing, just get the pictures.

      Delete
    2. My NF once said, "You're killing your mother." She was over 90 at the time. Guess that's why he thought I was a complete failure.

      Delete