Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Child Protection


This may be a bit of a rant today.  Why am I seeing so many instances of child abuse these days?  I remember the other day I talked about in my last posting about a four year old girl being afraid of her mother.  Now, I have to post about the step-daughter.  Let's call her Sharon.  Well, Sharon is my husband's daughter from a previous short relationship he had before he married the control freak.

I know I talked about Sharon in a previous posting, but this is different.  Sharon is getting tattoos at the cost of a thousand dollars apiece.  When her father asked who is paying for them, she said her ex is.  So now she called the other day saying she needed some money to buy groceries.  He said no, that he had no money.  She said, "Yes, you do have money."  This is a phone conversation that he had with her, so he filled me in on the details later.  All I saw was his anger over the phone, as he has been getting frustrated over his daughter who is a single mother, just like Jessie, my daughter.

Well sometime later, he told me that Sharon had told him, "So you will let your grandkids starve then?"  The anger shot up in me.  I entirely hate Sharon now.  Totally.  I know I shouldn't be posting this as it is just too private.  But I can tell you how this rage went right through me, shot through me like a hot iron.

Starving.  Can you believe that?  The ex(the father of her two children) buys her tattoos at the cost of a thousand dollars apiece?  He can't buy her food for their two children.  But he can buy tattoos?  So the kids have to go hungry?

So here was what was going on in my mind.  I went to the city to buy some quilting supplies a few days later.  Quilting supplies are rather expensive, so I felt so guilty.  Plus, I don't work or have my own income.  This sucks.  The only thing that gives my poor mind comfort about it is that I shouldn't be depriving myself so she can get tattoos.  But the kids are starving.

I know what he is thinking.  That the kids are not starving, she is looking for a contributer for her tattoos, so the whole thing is bullshit.  But try to tell this to a survivor of child abuse.  All I can think about is that she is willing to starve the kids for tattoos, that's all I can think about.  I hate her.  And even if it wasn't true she is still using those kids.

I remember growing up that word, STARVE,  was a normal word in our household.  We had a farm, with livestock.  But if father was angry with mother, there would be no food as he was the provider.  I remember several times we would have to skip meals, or eat turnips for dinner because father was angry.  I know I said before that my father was a nice man.  So this piece doesn't seem to fit.  Why oh why is this so hard?  I'm jumbling the pieces together and its like putting together several jigsaw puzzles and trying to make it look like one.

My husband is pissed about her lies.  Still though a part of me thinks that maybe she underestimated her finances and went and got the tattoos and has no money now to feed the kids.  A normal parent would skip eating themselves to feed the kids.  I know I did.  But Sharon won't do that?

At one point, about a month ago, she went and drove 3 hours to go and babysit a friend's dog.  All in the same month she claims the kids are starving.  Ok, I'm almost ready to lose it here.

Let's talk about child protection services shall we?  All they do is put the children in serious harm. Really all they are are women dressed up in the latest fashion stirring up trouble.  That's all.  I thought about calling them just to find out what it is that they do that makes them claim so much of the taxpayer's salary.

I have to keep this short, I don't like to live in this much anger.  If you want to comment here, please do, but this is real and raw stuff I'm seeing all over the place now.  I need more than just telling me to do something.  The MN's rule the world now and there is no real child protection services.  I won't put kids in serious harm just so I can say "I did something".

9 comments:

  1. It must be a sign of the times. I have a step grandson. I have to make a distinction on the "steppart"for fear of pissing off the "biological grandfather" who stalks the blogs looking for things to take offense about. But my and I also have to call her my significant other for the reasons above........ the childs father blows his paycheck each week on video games and eating out knowing that we will not let them get thrown out on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to call your wife your significant other? That's terrible. And I hate that phrase, it sounds like the spouse is a part of your body or something. I have a significant arm, leg etc. What does significant mean? Oh well, lol.

    It is definitely a sign of the times. I do believe the new generation do have it the hardest though. But there is a distinction between having a hard time and spending your money frivolously, then claiming starvation as a scapegoat. But my husband won't pay for this, he can't be moved by it. He is sort of hard that way, he is not an ACON, but he grew up rather poorly, but with loving parents who had good intentions. He knows its important to be responsible, his parents taught him that.

    I feel for you guys having to fund a video game and eating out lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can't go on. Our house is starting to show it's age because we spend the cash that should go on maintenance on them. We've bought them a car and pay for all their food and clothes and car insurance etc. That kid is NOT going to do without. Not if I can help it. I was a second class citizen when I grew up. I am breaking that cycle NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its unfortunate that the parents of that child doesn't feel the same as you do. How his life would improve greatly if his parents were responsible. That they could be parents he could be proud of. I know what it feels like to be a second class citizen, I still feel like a second class citizen, I probably always will. My father had a half a million dollars in the bank at the time my parent's split up. It's not money or lack of that made me this way. It was the low class way my parents acted. We starved with a half million dollars in the bank because someone was mad. So we did without.

    But, yeah, it goes round and round. It's no surprise you feel this way, not wanting your grandson to do without. But video games and eating out and "someone is mad" is about the same thing. But your taking care of the boy you are also taking care of a grown man and woman. I don't know what to say. Do the work on your house. JMO of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, gee, you have me thinking of my own kids. I worry about them all the time, and I wish I could go back in time and raise them all over again.

      Delete
  5. Yeah if my father had money for food and decent clothes for me and my sister my mother would get him to buy her a new car and some clothes. From the outside we probably looked affluent but our money was tied up in all the crap my mother bought for window dressing. I never went to a dentist or doctor until I was 18 and worked and paid for them out of my own pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are at the emotional level of a 3 year old. I didn't get to see a dentist until I was in high school because no one could fill out the paperwork, as my parents were illiterate. So my father's job benefits were never used until I could do it. They didn't even bother to get help with this.

      Delete
  6. Maybe they would have been embarrassed to ask for help. Lots of people are embarrassed about illiteracy. But if it were me, my kids needs would come first regardless. So I still hold them responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, it's the three year old part. In '65 my father ran his hand through a table saw and we went on vacation. We live in Dallas and drove to Disneyland. My mother had a fit in the parking lot because it was going to cost too much.

    ReplyDelete